CNC Operator 5/3/2018
Locations : Hillsdale MI, Quincy MI
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Can run a CNC and/or Chain Broach – machine independently
- Needs to be able to trouble shoot an automated process, including CNC machines (with completion of off sets) and robots
- Responsible for the quality of the product produced
- Requires accurate use of attribute and variable gauges and/or Chain Broach-specialty visual inspection of the part to assure tooling is in good repair (monitor for non-breakage)
- Good communication skills with fellow employees
- Safety accountability as responsible for following all safety practices and procedures.
- Attendance regular and predictable attendance as scheduled with good attendance record
- Complete all computer activities (e.g. Plex quality checks, log ins, Time off tracking; and Paycom HR system as required)
- Positive Attitude keeping a positive outlook and being respectful of others
- As needed, support overall Quality goals per the Paragon Quality Policy
- Observe work, monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that production conforms to production or processing standards
- Perform tool changes and checks and monitor machine functions
- Blue Print Reading
- Must be able to react to deviations and contact proper personnel to remedy any problems
- Willing to train for additional assigned work as directed by Supervisor/Manager
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Ability to get along with others, speak clearly and thoroughly while working with co-workers. Excellent attendance is required to perform this job. Ability to listen and follow verbal instructions as well as reading and following written control plans or quality alerts. Intermediate shop math, with a knowledge of the practical application of basic machining process, and a thorough understanding of manufacturing processes, and equipment required within the work cell (in example use of robot-Pick-n-place).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. To assure safety requirements are met, individuals must be able to complete required drug/alcohol screening with clear results; and have the regular ability to remain awake and alert.
- GED or High School Diploma
- Primary language is English requires proficiency both verbal and written.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems in a professional manner.
- Reasoning ability must be consistent with established company policies and procedures.
Occupational Demands: This is a production area based position requiring work within the facility in the production cell environment. Requires capacity to stand for extended periods of time, with occasional bending, lifting and/or twisting to complete routine tasks as needed. Work throughout the shift includes repetitive upper body, arm/hand/wrist movements to complete routine tasks. Successful incumbent will be able to accomplish the essential functions of the job meeting the occupational demands with/without reasonable accommodation.