Maintenance Manager 4/3/18
Departments : Maintenance
Locations : Hillsdale MI, Quincy MI
Summary: The Maintenance Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, controlling and scheduling the maintenance of our Michigan Facilities, Equipment, and Systems. This includes Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, RO, Building, Property, and HVAC systems.
The Maintenance Manager will have direct reports of the Maintenance Staff in our Michigan facilities.
In managing the maintenance staff, the Maintenance Manager will be responsible for employee training, evaluation, promotion, discipline, determining work methods, appropriate procedures, work schedules, and practices
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
The below duties have been reviewed in relationship to our company Quality Policy (SEASQCP). This position will be required to comply with Paragon Document Control Procedures and may have additional responsibilities as defined by the Plant Manager.
Safety: Maintenance Manager will assure Safety by:
- Being Knowledgeable and Diligent in the conformance of MIOSHA Standards / Regulations in all Maintenance Activities.
- Assuring Maintenance documentation is in compliance with MIOSHA standards and that appropriate PPE to being used during the activity and that it reflects the appropriate controls for compliance to Environmental Regulations.
- Assuring LOTO Documentation is current and reflecting all Energy Sources and Appropriate Shut Down / Start Up Sequences.
- Safety Metrics = (Reportable Incidents / Near Misses) (Recordable Incidents) (LPA Results)
- Supporting Health and Safety Team Initiatives related to improvements identified.
- Implementation of Spill Containment Controls in Michigan.
- Plant Maintenance
- Infrastructure – Building / Property
- Electrical Supply
- HVAC Systems
- Alarm System
- Air Supply
- Reverse Osmosis
- Equipment Maintenance
- Maintenance Equipment
- CNC Machines
- Tool Room Machines
- Testing Equipment
Employee Development: Maintenance Manager will contribute to Employee Development by:
- Providing Controlled Documentation in a Standardized Format.
- Assist as requested in the “training” of Maintenance Technicians in the use of the Documentation (Tools) and the population of the required “records” during Predictive and Preventative Maintenance
- Provide Clear and Concise Direction to Maintenance Staff regarding Objectives and Priorities.
- Effectively communicate to the Maintenance Team and Individuals regarding their performance in meeting the objectives.
- Use SMART Objectives
- Specific / Measurable / Attainable / Relevant / Time Bound.
- Evaluate and Identify Training Needs of the Maintenance Staff.
- Propose recommended training to Plant Manager / HR Manager for Maintenance Staff.
- Employee Development Metric = (Maintenance Employee Competency)
APQP: Maintenance Manager will contribute to APQP effort by:
- Equipment Rigging / Installation / and Start Up – Debug
- Working with OEM Equipment Manufacturer’s to understand recommended:
- Predictive Maintenance Activities
- Preventative Maintenance Activities
- Spare Parts List – To be maintained in MRO
- Participating in Machine “buy off”
- Working with Engineering to assist in the development of
- Preferred Equipment List
- Preferred Equipment List
- Master PFMEA by Process
Sales Growth: Maintenance Manager will support Sales Growth by:
- Participation in Customer Audits explaining our current systems and strategic plan for continual improvement.
- Maintenance Manager will support Quality by:
- Speaking to Required Maintenance Topics during Quarterly Town Halls.
- Providing Quality Metrics
- (Unplanned Maintenance)
- # of Unplanned Incidents per Month
- Is True Root Cause Known
- Is Corrective Action Effective
- Participation in IATF 16949 Audits.
- Management of Maintenance Records to assure accuracy and timely completeness.
- Following and complying with Document Control Procedures
- Standardization of Maintenance Documentation
Continual Improvement: Maintenance Manager will assure Continual Improvement by:
- Maintaining 5-S / LEAN Mgt. within the Maintenance Department.
- Using Objective Data to Evaluate Risk and assist in the Prioritization of Maintenance Activities.
- Implement and Sustain Visual PM / Predictive Maintenance Program
- Implement TPM (Total Productive Maintenance)
- Autonomous Maintenance
- Technology Improvements: Evaluate and Escalate as appropriate New Technology that will assist with Efficiency / Effectiveness of the Maintenance Effort.
- Continual Improvement Metric = (LPA Results)
Profitability: Maintenance Manager will contribute to Profitability by:
- Completion of PLEX Preventative / Predictive Maintenance Modules
- Effective Implementation / Execution – Including Autonomous Maintenance
- Effective Use of Contract Services to support a Cost-Effective Maintenance Effort and limit Unplanned Down Time.
- Effective Diagnostics & Corrective Action from Maintenance Effort.
- Propose appropriate Cost Reduction / Cost Avoidance Ideas to the Plant Manager.
- ROI – Objective Evidence
- Profitability Metrics = (Budget Adherence) (MTBF – Mean Time Between Failures) (MTBRFM – Mean Time Between Recurring Failure Modes) (Planned Maintenance – Completion %) (Unplanned Maintenance – Incidents per Month) (MTTCWO -Mean Time To Close Work Order)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Ability to get along with others, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to maintain confidentiality, speak clearly and thoroughly while working with co-workers and customers. Excellent attendance is required to perform this job. Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. Thorough understanding of manufacturing maintenance processes, and equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Maintenance/Engineering Related field with a minimum of 6 years work experience in a Maintenance Leadership Role
- Auditing experience preferred
- Strong Computer / Communication Skills are required.
- PLEX Experience Helpful.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Integrity requires being honest and ethical.
- Stress Tolerance requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Primary language is English requires proficiency both verbal and written.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems in a professional manner.
- Reasoning ability must be consistent with established company policies and procedures.
This is a blended office based/production area based position requiring occasional offsite travel and work within the facility in the production environment. Requires capacity to sit for extended periods of time, with occasional bending, lifting and/or twisting to complete routine tasks as needed. Successful incumbent will be able to accomplish the essential functions of the job meeting the occupational demands with/without reasonable accommodation.