Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift - Hillsdale Michigan
Departments : Maintenance
Locations : Hillsdale MI
Summary: Responsible for safe and effective repair of production equipment and facilities including but not limited to the following skill sets. LOTO Qualified user, 5S, basic industrial electricity, CNC M code operation and ladder logic troubleshooting, Fanuc robot programming and troubleshooting, basic knowledge of Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems, welding, machining, fabrication and the ability to use a personal computer to fill out work orders, use email and must be familiar with MS office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Reading and interpreting PLC, Hydraulic, Pneumatic and Electrical schematics.
- Trouble shoot an automated process, including CNC machines and robots including performing tool changes, checks and monitor machine functions.
- Must be able to demonstrate Fanuc robot abilities, such as teaching points and program recovery.
- Proficient use of diagnostic tools required for 1st time effective troubleshooting on electrical and mechanical processes.
- As needed, provide fabrication for new/repaired part/material/resource to support production
- Safety accountability as responsible for following all safety practices and procedures.
- Good communication skills with fellow employees.
- Attendance regular and predictable attendance as scheduled with good attendance record.
- Complete all computer activities (e.g. Plex log ins, Time off tracking; and Paycom HR system as required and fill out and complete assigned work requisitions).
- Positive Attitude keeping a positive outlook and being respectful of others.
- As needed, support overall Quality goals per the Paragon Quality Policy.
- Observe work, monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that production conforms to production or processing standards.
- Must be able to obtain a Paragon issued fork truck license and operate a scissor lift/genie boom.
- Willing to train for additional assigned work as directed by Supervisor/Manager.
- Must be able to work any shift at either Quincy or Hillsdale’s production facilities.
- Ability to attend off site training as required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Able to effectively use Bridgeport’s, lathes, welders, band saws, plasma cutters and other skilled trades tools.
Ability to get along with others, speak clearly and thoroughly while working with co-workers. Excellent attendance is required to perform this job. Ability to listen and follow verbal instructions as well as reading and following work requests.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Candidate must have their own tools. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. To assure safety requirements are met, individuals must be able to complete required drug/alcohol screening with clear results; and have the regular ability to remain awake and alert.
- GED or High School Diploma
- Primary language is English requires proficiency both verbal and written.
- Three years of heavy industrial/maintenance experience, in automotive manufacturing preferred. Will consider equivalent with education/certification.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems in a professional manner.
- Reasoning ability must be consistent with established company policies and procedures.
Occupational Demands: This is a production area based position requiring work within the facility in the production cell environment. Requires capacity to stand for extended periods of time, with occasional bending, lifting and/or twisting to complete routine tasks as needed. Successful incumbent will be able to accomplish the essential functions of the job meeting the occupational demands with/without reasonable accommodation.