Quality Auditor 11/26/18
Departments : Quality
Locations : Hillsdale MI
Summary: Responsible for showing up as ready partner to do assigned work, keeping a positive outlook, being respectful of others. Meet and exceed company defined outcomes through initiative and quality excellence by to ensuring that standards of excellence are maintained during the production process
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
The below duties have been reviewed in relationship to our company Quality Policy (SEASQCP). This position will be required to comply with Paragon Document Control Procedures and may have additional responsibilities as defined the Department Leadership.
- Be responsible for our Safe Workplace by regular awareness and attention to managed risks for yourself and others.
- Follow all Paragon Metals, Inc. Health & Safety practices and procedures for all assigned work.
- Assuring all activities follow compliance to Environmental Regulations as applicable to work assignments/tasks.
- Employee Development:
- Accountability- accept responsibility for your actions; and understand that mistakes are a part of the learning process
- Agreement –be a good communicator and make sure that each person responsible for a step in the process is on-board and understands
- Work as directed by the Lab Leader in the development of/implementation of new quality control/testing to meet customer requirements
- 1st piece inspection for production parts in the lab – CMM, Surfometer, Tracer, Optical Comparator
- Create Quality Alerts for internal issues and or customer issues including: Posted, Train, Email to QA Group
- Sort Jobs – Setup sort job when putting parts on hold. Complete sort jobs once parts are sorted
- Gage Repair and Maintenance – repair broke or damage indicators
- Scrap – Verify all vendor scrap. Verify all scrap counts by line per shift
- Purges – Done and documented per purge instructions
- Hillsdale Clean Room – Perform cleanliness checks per control plan and report findings
- Following and complying with Document Control Procedures
- Assisting with the Implementation and Sustainment of 5-S as assigned
- Contributing suggestions for ongoing efficiencies and improvements through regular communication with leadership and use of the Employee Suggestions Program
- Being conscientious of elimination of waste (time, material and resources) required to complete primary job functions/tasks
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Ability to get along with others, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to maintain confidentiality, speak clearly and thoroughly while working with co-workers and internal customers. Excellent attendance is required to perform this job. Knowledge of the practical application of quality testing. Thorough understanding of manufacturing quality control systems. The Qualifications and requirements are essential to incumbent success.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Knowledge and understanding of GD&T.
- Proficient in Blueprint Reading
- Simple gage repair knowledge
- Capability to ensure that standards of excellence are maintained during the production process
- Prior training in Quality Assurance/Auditing
- 1 to 3 years of experience in automotive manufacturing environment preferred
- PLEX Experience Helpful
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Primary language is English requires proficiency both verbal and written.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems in a professional manner.
- Reasoning ability must be consistent with established company policies and procedures
Occupational Demands: This is a blended lab based/production area based position requiring occasional multi-site travel and work within the facility in the production environment. Requires capacity to stand for extended periods of time, with occasional bending, lifting and/or twisting to complete routine tasks as needed. Successful incumbent will be able to accomplish the essential functions of the job meeting the occupational demands with/without reasonable accommodation.